Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Step Back in Time

For the past 9 years, our church, more info here, puts on a street fair of sorts to celebrate and teach about the Mormon Battalion.  The Mormon Battalion was the only religiously based unit in United States military history. It served from July 1846 to July 1847 during the Mexican-American War. 
In our present day celebration of their arrival to San Diego, volunteers organize booths to replicate daily chores and life of people during this time, from panning for gold, to making primitive toys and dolls from scraps of fabric.  There are skits, music, dutch oven meals and over-all lots of fun.  It is a great to enjoy a beautiful day in Old Town San Diego, while learning about our personal heritage and our country's history.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

About My Blog

I love everything about photography from shooting to editing.
I strive to capture your unique & candid moments. My goal is to provide you with outstanding photographs & preserve your memories forever.
Thanks for stopping by my Blog
{Sara}

My Playlist

Photoblog Template by Delicious Design Studio